Posts Tagged ‘Autumn’
Before I launch into my Autumnal Tuesday Treasures this week, here’s a little bit of and introduction and my inspiration…
OK I know we’re not quite there yet, but as it’s 1st September in a couple of days there’s no denying that Autumn is on its way. It’s not all just rainy days and chilly evenings though. Autumn weather is mostly pretty mild in the daytime but without that summer humidity. I like it mostly though because the light and colours of the season are magnificent. It’s a great time of year to have a wedding – think of those wonderful colourful backdrops in your photographs of those autumn leaves and trees.
There’s a certain ambience I think Autumn lends itself too, and you’ll find having your wedding at this time of the year may make it easier to find wedding photographers and other suppliers who often get booked up first in the summer months. If you are thinking of having an Autumn/Fall wedding theme, then these are the sorts of things that may inspire you…
Colours – browns, golds, creams, orange, rusty reds, greens.
Textures - wood, leaves, twigs, sunflowers.
Atmosphere – warm, rustic, shabby chic, nature.
To help create that warm Autumnal atmosphere I love the idea of paper lanterns.
Why not bring the outside in to help create your Autumn wedding theme? Twigs make great features, as do those gorgeous Autumnal leaves in orange & red colours.
So now onto this week’s Tuesday Treasures! All of the below treasures ship abroad and are available to buy online via the links, and I’ve sneaked in a couple of DIY ideas too (couldn’t resist – you know I love a good DIY project!).
1. Natural leaf lantern (supplied with tea light) from Coasting Along via Not On The High Street.Com (£15).
2. Mr & Mrs pumpkin wedding cake toppers from Aphrodite’s Canvas ($26USD)
3. Mr & Mrs vintage style shabby crackle wooden wedding signs from Sunday Treasures ($34USD)
4. Autumn wedding bunting from Blue Moon Studios ($32USD)
5. Autumn table number cards from Paper Girl Studios ($15USD)
6. Vintage Autumn leaf confetti from Ddeforest ($15USD)
7. Rose Cottage day invitation from Knots & Kisses (from £3.45)
8. Orange 12″ paper lanterns from The Hanging Lantern Company (£2.99 each or £2.50 for 50)
9. Fabric Autumn leaf garland from Artfully Sew ($26USD)
10. Jars filled with conkers, cinnamon sticks & other Autumn goodies – a fab DIY idea (Photo © Blue Sky Photography)
11. ‘Eat Me’ party pics from Vintage Twee (£3.25 for pack of eight)
12. Jar with yellow ribbon filled with your favourite snack – easy DIY idea from I Do Inspiration
13. Paper acorn favour boxes from Paper Acorn ($4USD)
14. Pumpkins under glass cake display jars – great idea via Country Living
15. Wooden heart lantern from This is Pretty (£9.75)
16. Scented candles from Ikea (£1.69 for 36 – bargain)
Who else is having an Autumn wedding? Do leave your comments below!
Charlie x ♥